Due to their versatility, dental crowns are used in a variety of situations. Dr. Binon can use crowns to correct a wide range of structural and aesthetic issues. The high-quality porcelain materials used with your dental crown ensure that your restoration will be highly durable and blend in seamlessly with your smile.
While dental crowns can correct a variety of problems, they aren’t right in every situation. Dr. Binon will evaluate your specific oral health condition in order to determine the best solution to restore a healthy smile.
Oral Health Problems Addressed by Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are capable of correcting a wide range of oral health problems, including:
- To repair chipped, cracked or decayed teeth
- To restore a severely worn or broken tooth
- To cover and support a tooth with minimal remaining natural tooth structure due to the presence of a large filling
- To protect a tooth following a root canal procedure
Aesthetic Problems Addressed by Dental Crowns
Dental crowns have a variety of cosmetic applications as well. If you are looking to improve the appearance of your smile, a crown may be an excellent solution. Common cosmetic uses of dental crowns include:
- To improve the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- To brighten the shade of discolored teeth
- To replace old, unattractive dental restorations such as metal fillings
Dental Crowns to Replace Missing Teeth
Dental crowns are commonly used as part of restorations that replace missing teeth. Dr. Binon will use dental crowns as part of a dental implant procedure and to support a dental bridge.
There are three components to a dental implant:
- Dental implant, which gets inserted into your jawbone to replace the missing root
- Titanium rod, called an abutment, which connects the implant to your new prosthetic tooth
- Dental crown, which serves as your new prosthetic tooth
Dr. Binon works with the finest labs and uses the highest quality porcelain material with all dental crowns to ensure the best cosmetic results. Your dental crown will be matched to the color and shade of your adjacent teeth to ensure your new prosthetic tooth blends in beautifully with your smile and is undetectable by others.
If you choose to replace your missing teeth using a dental bridge, Dr. Binon will use a dental crown on both sides of your missing tooth in order to support the restoration. Dental bridges are highly effective at replacing between one and three teeth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
You’ll experience a variety of benefits from dental crowns, including:
- Beautiful aesthetic results and an improved appearance to your smile
- Improved chewing ability
- Improved support and protection to weak or damaged teeth
- Restoration of a balanced bite
During your initial appointment, Dr. Binon will carefully examine your teeth and gums in order to determine the ideal restoration to address your specific oral health concerns. If he believes you will benefit from a dental crown, he will explain the procedure to you in detail so you can make a fully informed decision before moving forward with your treatment.
Contact our Roseville Dentist
Please contact Dr. Paul Binon using the form on this page or call 916-786-6676 today to schedule an appointment. We serve patients in Roseville, Sacramento and the surrounding areas of California.